COBIT 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises in achieving their objectives for the governance and management of enterprise IT.
It helps enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realizing benefits, and optimizing risk levels and resource use.
COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in both the full end-to-end business and
IT functional areas of responsibility, while considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders.
COBIT 5 is generic and useful for enterprises of all sizes, including commercial, not-for-profit, or public sector.
In this course interactive course, you will learn about the need for an IT governance framework and how COBIT addresses this need by providing
the latest insights into enterprise-wide governance of IT. Using a logical and example-driven approach, you will cover the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT framework.
Business Management, IT /IS Auditors, Internal Auditors, Information Security and IT Practitioners; Consultants, IT/IS Management looking to gain an insight into
the Enterprise Governance of IT and looking to be certified as a COBIT Implementer or Assessor.
At the conclusion of the course attendees will understand:
• The major drivers for the development of a Framework
• The business benefits of using COBIT 5
• The COBIT 5 Product Architecture.
• The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises.
• The 5 Key Principles of COBIT 5 for the governance and management of Enterprise IT
• How COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise.
• The key concepts in a Process Capability Assessment and the key attributes of the COBIT 5 PAM (Process Assessment Model)
• How the COBIT 5 processes and the Process Reference Model (PRM) help guide the creation of the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers.
Assess the current state of their Enterprise IT with the objective of scoping what aspects of COBIT 5 would be appropriate to implement.
Pre-requisites ITIL foundation course
The COBIT 5 Foundation certificate is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the COBIT 5 guidance to:
• Be able to understand the enterprise Governance and Management of Enterprise IT
• Create awareness with their business executives and senior IT Management.