ITIL INTERMEDIATE CAPABILITY: OPERATIONAL SUPPORT AND ANALYSIS
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) Certificate is a freestanding qualification but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications.
⦁ Individuals who require a deep understanding of the ITIL Certificate in the Operational Support and Analysis processes
⦁ IT professionals
⦁ Business managers
⦁ Business process owners
The value to the business of OSA activities
• How OSA activities support the service lifecycle
• Optimizing service operation performance
• How the processes in OSA interact with other service lifecycle processes
• How to use the OSA processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
• How to measure OSA
• The importance of IT security and its contributions to OSA
• Understanding the technology and implementation considerations surrounding OSA the challenges, critical success factors (CSFs) and risks associated with OSA.
Pre-requisites ITIL foundation course
Certification info This is part of ITIL Intermediate certification .
To advance towards ITIL Expert Certificate this qualification is essential