Join the Program
The Better Connections Program is a great asset to human development, building a capable and motivated workforce that can fully participate in the wider society. This program will help employers to meet their duties and responsibilities - by implementing ICT access, they will be aiding the integration of migrant workers into a new country and culture, and will be supporting our nation in its work towards the Qatar National Vision 2030, which seeks to build a knowledge-based society.
To allow workers to be digitally connected, Employers can register and join our program by filling out the Registration Form and returning it to email@example.com or contact us: 40008017
Volunteers are a key resource for the implementation of the Better Connections Program. They create a connection between workers and program partners, deliver training sessions to workers in their languages, and help in their inclusion into digital society and in developing their problem solving skills. The Better Connections Program is recruiting volunteers to train the migrant workers in the basic ICT skills, and other local tailored materials that correspond to the needs of migrant workers in Qatar
Why to volunteer for Better Connections Program?
Our volunteers choose to support Better Connections for a variety of reasons. For some it offers the chance to give something back to the community or make a difference to the people from the same country or community. For others it provides an opportunity to develop new skills or build on existing experience and knowledge. Regardless of the motivation, what unites them all is that they find it both challenging and rewarding.
According to the most recent monitoring and evaluation report, 74% of volunteers are satisfied being part of the program and are planning to join future Better Connections Program phases.
Who can apply?
- Volunteers should be older than 18 years of age,
- Volunteers should be able to arrange their own transportation to attend training sessions and for trips to labor accommodation sites,
- Volunteers should have basic ICT skills.
- Volunteers delivering training should be able to speak one or more of the following languages: Hindi, Nepali, Bengali, Sinhala, Tamil, Urdu, and Filipino, in addition to English. Previous experience in training or coaching would be an advantage.
Through the Better Connections Program, government entities, non-profit organizations, or companies are welcome to donate used hardware to the program to help the workers in need.
If your organization would like to donate, please follow these procedures:
- Check if your devices match our criteria.
- Provide a count of the devices donated.
- Fill out the Donation Form and send it back to BetterConnections@motc.gov.qa - 40008017
- MOTC will coordinate and facilitate the delivery of donated hardware.
As soon as we assess your contribution, we will send you confirmation of acceptance of your donation. Then, we can coordinate the delivery of your hardware to be refurbished and prepared.
- You may donate PCs, Laptops, USB Keyboards, USB Mice, as long as they match the technical specifications.
- All hardware donated must be functioning.
- For monitors, the data and power cables, converters, adapters are required.
- Processors must be compatible with Windows 10.
- PCs should be donated with power cables, keyboards, and USB mice.
- For Laptops; chargers, power cables and adapters/converters ( if any) must be provided
Hardware Replacement Policy
The Better Connections Program facilities are equipped with hardware donated by Ministries, local organizations, companies and program stakeholders. The refurbishment process ensures that the hardware is operational and serviced with the complementary software required. There are cases in which a hardware replacement maybe requested. Replacement of hardware is subject to the guidelines outlined in our Hardware Replacement Policy, to ensure the program’s sustainability.