Regulatory Strategy 2013-2016
This document sets out the strategic priorities and strategic actions that will be followed by the Regulatory Authority from 2013 to 2016. This strategy has been finalized following a public consultation process and public meetings conducted in April and May 2013.
The Regulatory Strategy comprises five high-level priorities in the telecommunications sector:
- Enhancing the competitive environment;
- Improving the clarity and predictability of the regulatory framework;
- Ensuring the efficient management of scarce public resources;
- Safeguarding the interests of the consumers; and
- Supporting Qatar in its transition to a connected digital economy.
Across each of these areas, RA has identified a number of actions that, taken as a whole, shall provide a clear and structured plan to achieve its strategic objectives.