Nominations Open for QDG’s “Digital Government Excellence Awards 2016”
The Qatar Digital Government (QDG) is seeking nominations for a new public sector award that demonstrates how digital government initiatives have resulted in specific and noteworthy improvements in the delivery of public services.
The Digital Government Excellence Awards 2016 acknowledge and reward government entities that have harnessed communications and modern information technologies to provide the best services to all stakeholders.
A judging panel will evaluate each nomination and select those initiatives with the greatest impact on the delivery of services to the intended audience.
There are seven categories for nominations:
- Best Digital Service for Citizens (G2C): Awarded to the team, project or service that has provided digital government services to citizens and residents in the most distinctive and innovative way, resulting in the greatest improvement in the quality of service provided.
- Best Digital Service for Business (G2B): Awarded to the entrant who has provided the most distinctive and innovative digital governmental service to the business sector, which has resulted in the greatest improvement in the quality of service provided.
- Best Digital Service for Government (G2G): Awarded to the entrant who has delivered the most seamless and innovative digital service to other government agencies and which has resulted in the greatest performance enhancement, most improved level of service and the greatest reduction in cost, time and effort.
- Best Digital Project: Awarded to the entrant who has delivered the most outstanding and innovative digital project that has resulted in the greatest tangible benefits.
- Best Digital Service through Mobile Applications: Awarded to the entrant who has created a digital government application for smart devices, and which has resulted in the greatest increase in service levels, whilst achieving a tangible reduction in time, cost and effort.
- Best Government Website: Awarded to the entrant who, in the view of the judges, has created the best government entity website in terms of design, functionality, usability and user experience.
- Best Government Entity in Digital Transformation: Awarded to the entrant who has delivered the most significant digital transformation project. This award is given based on the project that receives the highest score.
To enter, participating government entities should decide which of the seven categories above is the most relevant, download and fill in the entry form available at www.qdg.qa, and then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full instructions on how to complete entries, the closing date and how to submit are included in the nomination forms. Please note that the forms should be submitted in Arabic.
Nominations are now open and only government entities and ministries should submit their online applications by February 15, 2016, signed by IT Directors from their respective organizations.
The winners will be announced at the Qatar Digital Government Forum 2016 later in the year, and the participants will be invited to showcase their solutions in an exhibition.
For any questions regarding the timeline or the application requirements, kindly contact email@example.com.
QDG is a nationwide initiative that was introduced in order to make Qatar’s government more efficient, effective, accessible, and customer-centric. Designed to better serve individuals and businesses, QDG seeks to create efficiency in government administration, and develop a more open government with enhanced participation of citizens and residents.
Click here to download your nomination form.