Digital Government Excellence Awards 2016
Qatar Digital Government is seeking nominations for a new public sector award that showcases how digital government initiatives have resulted in concrete improvements in the delivery of public services. The Digital Government Excellence Awards aspire to acknowledge and reward government entities that harness communications technology and modern information technology to provide the best services to all stakeholders.
A committee of judges will evaluate each nomination and select those initiatives that have had the greatest impact on the delivery of services to the intended audience.
There are seven categories for nominations.
- Best Digital Service for Citizens (G2C): Awarded to the team, project or service that has provided digital government service to citizens and residents in the most distinctive and innovative way, resulting in the greatest improvement in the quality of service provided. [Nomination Form in Arabic]
- Best Digital Service for Business (G2B): Awarded to the entrant who has provided the most distinctive and innovative digital governmental service to the business sector, which has resulted in the greatest improvement in the quality of service provided. [Nomination Form in Arabic]
- Best Digital Service for Government (G2G): Awarded to the entrant who has delivered the most seamless and innovative digital service to other government agencies and which has resulted in the greatest performance-enhancement, most improved level of service and the greatest reduction in cost, time and effort. [Nomination Form in Arabic]
- Best Digital Project: Awarded to the entrant who, in the minds of the judging panel, has delivered the most outstanding and innovative digital project that has resulted in the greatest tangible benefits. [Nomination Form in Arabic]
- Best Digital Service through Mobile Applications: Awarded to the entrant who has created a digital government application for smart devices, which has resulted in the greatest increase in service levels, whilst achieving a tangible reduction in time, cost and effort. [Nomination Form in Arabic]
- Best Government Website: Awarded to the entrant who, in the view of the judges, has created the best government entity website in terms of design, functionality, usability and user experience. [Nomination Form in Arabic]
- Best Government Entity in Digital Transformation: Awarded to the entrant who has delivered the most significant digital transformation project. This award is given based on the project which received the highest score in the evaluation which was conducted in Q3 2015.
To enter, simply decide which of the seven categories above your project or initiative best fits in, download and fill the entry form and then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to provide more information than the form allows, write your explanation on a separate sheet of paper and include it with your application. You can also request Word documents if that is an easier format for you to work in by writing to email@example.com. Full instructions on how to complete your entry, closing date and how to submit is included in the nominations forms. Please note that the forms should be submitted in Arabic.
Nominations are now open and only Government entities and ministries should submit their online application by February 15, 2016, signed by IT Directors from their respective organizations.
Please note that a single service can be nominated only once and the service has had to be officially launched and used by its target audience.
The winners will be announced at the Qatar Digital Government Forum 2016 later in the year, and the participants will be invited to showcase their solutions in an exhibition.