Big Data Foundation
Course overview & Course Description
The Big Data Foundations course provides you with an understanding of big data, potential data sources that can be used for solving real business problems, and an overview of data mining and the tools used in it.
This is a fundamentals course with practical exercises designed to provide you with hands-on experience in using two of the most popular technologies in big data processing – Hadoop and MongoDB. You will have the opportunity to practice installing these two technologies through lab exercises. The exercises expose you to real-life big data techniques with the purpose of obtaining results from real Twitter datasets.
After completing the course, you will be equipped with practical knowledge that can be used as a starting point in your organizational big data journey..
This course is best suited to Information Technology professionals who possess intermediate to advanced programming, system administration, or relational database skills and are looking to move into the area of big data.
- Database Administrators
- Business Intelligence Developers
- Software Engineers
- Application Developers
- IT Architects
- System Administrators
- This course can also benefit other professionals, such as business analytics and research analytics, who possess strong IT skills and have a deep interest in big data analytics and its benefits.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain big data, its origin, and its characteristics.
- Discuss the tools applicable used in big data processing.
- Explain data mining.
- Discuss popular big data technologies like Hadoop and MongoDB.
- Discuss big data projects and the main players involved.
- Identify and obtain relevant datasets when looking at a business problem.
- Install and manage big data processing environments based on Hadoop or MongoDB at a departmental level.
- This course will help prepare you for the Cloud Credential Council's (CCC) Big Data Foundations certification exam. This certification validates your ability to use technologies such as Hadoop and MongoDB to harness big data capabilities to drive better insights, decisions and performance.