TOGAF 9 Level 1 Foundation
The TOGAF® 9 Training Course: Level 1 Foundation is a 2-day, interactive, classroom-based learning experience. The course covers the Foundation Level 1 curriculum and includes many examples of architecture deliverable and artefacts are provided throughout the course.
The course enables participants to successfully complete the associated TOGAF® Level 1 exam, known as TOGAF® 9 Foundation. The certification provides validation that the candidate has gained knowledge of the terminology, structure,
and basic concepts of TOGAF® 9, and understands the core principles of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF®.
This TOGAF® 9 Training Course: Level 1 Foundation is being run by Global Knowledge in association with ITpreneurs and is accredited by The Open Group.
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of TOGAF® 9
- Professionals who are working in roles associated with an architecture project such as those responsible for planning, execution, development, delivery, and operation
- Architects who are looking for a first introduction to TOGAF® 9
- Architects who want to achieve Level 2 certification.
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- The basic concepts of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF®
- The core concepts of TOGAF® 9
- The key terminology of TOGAF® 9
- The ADM cycle and the objectives of each phase, and how to adapt and scope the ADM
- The concept of the Enterprise Continuum; its purpose and constituent parts
- How each of the ADM phases contributes to the success of enterprise architecture
- The ADM guidelines and techniques
- How Architecture Governance contributes to the Architecture Development Cycle
- The concepts of views and viewpoints and their role in communicating with stakeholders
- The concept of building blocks
- The key deliverables of the ADM cycle
- The TOGAF® reference models
- The TOGAF® certification program.
There are no formal prerequisites; it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT domain.
- Certification is only achieved by passing the examination.
- The exam is in closed-book format and includes 40 multiple-choice questions. The passing score is 55% (22 out of 40 questions).
- The exam lasts for 60 minutes and can be taken onsite (online) or through Pearson Vue test centres.